DI Boxes - what's a middle range product?

• Members

I have four keyboards I want to run into DI boxes before they get to my Yamaha mixer:

Kurzweil SP-88x

Alesis Ion

Fender Rhodes

Hohner Clavinet

I have seen super expensive DI options out there from Radial which would be almost $200 each, or Behringer's 4- and 8-DI rackmount option for under $100.

What I'd like is an arrangement like the rack-mount Behringer for ease of setup but with higher quality than Behringer. Not a big Behringer fan.

Does anyone know of DI solutions that are reliable, quiet, affordable, and manageable from a gear standpoint? I also like my little ART DI box, but don't want four of them at my feet.

• Members

If you go to audiopile.net you will find a single rack mount unit that is actually 4 very decent DI's and I think you might like them. I hve one of them and never had a lick of trouble from it.

• Members

The audiopile link was a good one - I'm looking at the active version as my two electromechanical boards put out a pretty weak signal otherwise. But the active version of that looks great.

Aged...what is "Mark's" - is that a brand name? Not getting your reference but would like to know more.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by pianobody

The audiopile link was a good one - I'm looking at the active version as my two electromechanical boards put out a pretty weak signal otherwise. But the active version of that looks great.

Aged...what is "Mark's" - is that a brand name? Not getting your reference but would like to know more.

Mark is the proprietor, head chef and bottle-washer of Audiopile. Oops, sorry....his wife Liz is the head chef.

• Members

The dual channel DI on Audiopile's site is really nice for stereo sources: non-rackmount so no ears getting in the way, relatively small. I had one made by ART until someone decided they'd take it from me. The ART and audiopile one are identical from the outside, sound the same too...

p

Archived