New: Very High Definition speakers

• Members

Interesting stuff.

Some of the claims are little non-intuitive though

with a 16 Bit 44 kHz sampling frequency only four samples were available at 10kHz.

While that is obviously true, every DSP textbook on the planet states clearly, that this doesn't result in any loss of information and one can easily recreate the 10 kHz from the 4 samples so it matches the orginal waveform exactly.

If one doesn't like the delay resolution of 44.1kHz there is a well known algorithm called "fractional delays" that can achieve any resolution desired. Using 6 MHz sample rate seems a little over the top.

The use of the picture to demonstrate resolution seems somewhat far fetched. The audio equivalent of these pictures is more like 500 Hz , 2 kHz and full range.

• Members

Originally posted by boseengineer

Interesting stuff.

While that is obviously true, every DSP textbook on the planet states clearly, that this doesn't result in any loss of information and one can easily recreate the 10 kHz from the 4 samples so it matches the orginal waveform exactly.

If one doesn't like the delay resolution of 44.1kHz there is a well known algorithm called "fractional delays" that can achieve any resolution desired. Using 6 MHz sample rate seems a little over the top.

The use of the picture to demonstrate resolution seems somewhat far fetched. The audio equivalent of these pictures is more like 500 Hz , 2 kHz and full range.

this is true, . however, as I understand it they are give a GROSS misrepresentation of how direct stream digital (DSD) works....

stand 96 k sampleing is 24 bit (these days..) so each sample at 1/96 000 of a sec is given to 24 bit (interger) presistion. however, DSD uses a single bit at each sample. - it is the equivalent of PWM for amps.

many people think it is better, I would say "different" ont better.

It also seems like the marketing department hit this one pretty hard.

What is the deal with the pre amps on the last page?

I would love to hear these sometime.

I also want to hear teh EAW ones (nx?) with the "gunesses" focusing.

Kev. - the pessimist

• Members
Originally posted by boseengineer

Interesting stuff.

oh yea, .. that would be the nyquest limit. - you can accuratly recreate any wave form that is at a frequancy that is 1/2 or less then your sampling freq. - basic stuff that I am sure you have seen 1000.

• Members

This seems like it would be a step up from my Carvin rig. But I'll bet you it's more than 1100$. and doesn't include a mic and cable package. That's because K2 audio doesn't cut out the middle man, like Carvin. :D

Sorry, I couldn't help it, seems like all the threads are about Carvin lately..... God help us all. Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members

I've heard it.

The Company that I do a bit of work for owns a lot of the EX and ES stuff and Has 2 stacks of VHD. will do 5000 people easily.

And It sounds so good. I'm not sure of all the technical stuff but I know what My ears tell me.

Dave

Archived