best light for the job

• Members

for the older furman power cond's that don't have the bnc on the back rack panel for a gooseneck ... what would be another choice to plug in directly to the furman outlets as a light source?? and yes , i know flashlight in the teeth works wonders!!

• Members

Last time I built a rack from scratch (2+ years ago), I found a light at home depot typically used for under-cabinet lighting. It's basically a U shaped black metal piece with 4-5 christmas lights in a glass tube.. I think I paid 10$ or so, but that thing is perfect...just bright enough, and takes up almost no space in the rack. Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about?

• CMS Author

Originally posted by jpand2071

Last time I built a rack from scratch (2+ years ago), I found a light at home depot typically used for under-cabinet lighting. It's basically a U shaped black metal piece with 4-5 christmas lights in a glass tube.. I think I paid 10$ or so, but that thing is perfect...just bright enough, and takes up almost no space in the rack. Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about?

Yup, I've seen it at HD too. Along the same lines, the individual undercounter lights could be permanently installed inside the top of the rack, provided there's clearance both for the lights and for the light to illuminate the gear.

Littlelite has a 1U panel that holds one or two of their goosenecks. More costly by far, but a bit more ideal than our homespun ideas:)

Archived