Eminence Omega Pro 15's?

• Members

Your going to be better off just buying another cabinet. By the time you have bought 2 omega 15's, a JBL 2445, and a suitable horn (DDS Horns) your talking a lot more money than the JRX stuff is worth. I would question if you could even fit a JBL 2445 driver or horn in that cabinet. If you do go changing things in the JRX you most likely have problems with the internal crossover. I don't think you will ever get it right or be happy. Take a look at some unloaded boxes and see if you can find something that will suit your wants and needs. I built my latest rig around the Viking Audio boxes. Also check out www.loudspeakerbuilder.com. I also used the BMS 4590 drivers which put the JBL 2445's to shame. They are also cheaper. Hope that helps some, I know it's not what you wanted to hear. Take Care, John

www.vikingaudio.com

www.bmspro.com

• Members

Ok. I think I can return the jrx125's. They're only a few days old.

I want good volume, but I don't need "knock the walls down" volume. These are just for practice. The room is 20 x 40 with an 18' ceiling.

My main concern is sound quality! I want some speakers that sound good.

What pair of speakers can I get for about $1500 that sound very good? They don't have to have crazy low end. These are only for vocals. I can fly them too. A single 12 and a horn in each cab would be fine. Any suggestions?

• Members

It appears that the JRX series and the MPro series have the same drivers.

All JRX and MPro cabs with 15's have JBL M115-8A's, and JBL 2412 1" exit compression drivers.

Someone please explain how the MPro line could possibly sound any better than the JRX line.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Are you looking at the M-PRO 200 serier or 400 series???

The 200 series is similar to the JRX, the 400 series is completely different.

Ok, gotcha! I think I was looking at the 200 series. The MPro 200 series appear to be a fancy looking jrx series! I think I've lost respect for JBL.

Thanks. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Ray Tremblay

Ok, gotcha! I think I was looking at the 200 series. The MPro 200 series appear to be a fancy looking jrx series! I think I've lost respect for JBL.

Thanks.
:thu:

I wouldnt lose respect for JBL they are a great company.They are just trying to keep competitive at the lower price point.They know there are people that only look at price,and if they dont make it someone else will.The Gibson guitar comany makes $5000 les pauls,but they also make $500 les pauls,and believe me you can tell the difference.Its just like that.

• Members

Ok. The JRX's went back, and I picked up a pair of MRX515's. This is a single 15" two way. These are the step above the MPro MP415's. I'm about to fire them up here in a couple minutes. I'm sure I'll need a sub with them, but I want to hear how good the sound quality is from this 15 and compression driver.

I'll keep you guys posted. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay

Ok. The JRX's went back, and I picked up a pair of MRX515's. This is a single 15" two way. These are the step above the MPro MP415's. I'm about to fire them up here in a couple minutes. I'm sure I'll need a sub with them, but I want to hear how good the sound quality is from this 15 and compression driver.

I'll keep you guys posted.
:D

Kind of a step up and/or sideways.

I think this is an excellent value for a real speaker.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Kind of a step up and/or sideways.

I think this is an excellent value for a real speaker.

These MRX's are DEFFINATELY a step up. Not quite as efficient, but I don't "need" the efficiency. These are for practice only. I "want" sound quality. These compression drivers (JBL 2408H) sound alot less noisy/staticy, have much better response up to 20,000 HZ, and are alot cleaner sounding all together, and crisp. The 15's in these sound better as well. Smoother, and the mid bass is actually mid bass and not mud. Not much bass, but it sounds more like music, and less like low frequency crap. What I REALLY like about the MRX's compared to the JRX's, is that the MRX's sound better the louder they are. As you increase the volume with the JRX's, the sound get's harsher.

These aren't the best I've heard, but do sound pretty good, and fit within my budget. These should sound good with a sub.

These are keepers!

Archived