No announcement yet.

Zomax 2445

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zomax 2445

I bought one of these a while back, brand new. I've never used it.

How good is this horn? Is the sound quality decent, good, spectacular? Should I hang on to this one, and look for another one?

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
    www.myspace.com/raymondtremblay

I read a few years ago, ZOMAX made copies of JBL Speakers.

Not sure if it's true. One way in finding out is to download JBL's PDF of the 2445 driver, and compare the specs to your ZOMAX.

How good is it?

Without the spec sheet present, I don't think anyone would know unless they owned one.
    OMNIFEX

Comment

This driver "appears" to be an exact copy of a JBL 2445. I've pulled the back cover off, and the diapgram looks identical. Of course, looks don't always mean much, but it at least lets us know that Zomax attempted to copy the JBL's.

Right now, this Zomax driver with horn goes for $1,025! I paid somewhere around $300 to $500 for it brand new about 7 or 8 years ago. Jansen is poking eyes out for this thing!
      "Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."

Comment

Originally posted by Audiopile As far as "how good is it?"... well:

I personally believe that in side-by-side listening tests, the Zomax seems to be smoother. Long term operational tests seem to suggest they're both equally durable under reasonable conditions.

So as far as sound quality is concerned, do you consider this to be a very good driver/horn?

Comment

i have a couple of those! i have not looked at them in about a year. they are in storage. the drives are zomax 2445 2" driver mounted on 2" throat lenses mounted in homemade boxes covered with rhino bed liner. they have a side handle on the box and are already wired. i had one to blow the diaphram and replaced it with a peavey 44xt. so i think the jbl diaphram will work also.

want to buy them? i'll make you a good deal!

email: superior@belzonicable.com

thanks

Comment

You've got mail Kevin.

Comment

did you get the pics? if not i will email them again!

Comment

Working...
              X