fender portable pa 250

• Members

they work. the mics are sort of not good, the mixer amp sounds good but the styling is weird and plasticy, limited EQ. the speakers work fine for their size. I know a couple keyboard players who love them.

depends on the band, how loud, and if you're going to be tempted to use them at any gig besides a quiet singer/songwriter type event.

it's really not bad for $700. I'd probably find some better used stuff myself. That same $700 would get you $1000-1500 worth of gear I bet

• Members

it would be strictly for practices(and we already have good mics). looking for something easily moved between places. we have a decent sized pa for playing out, it's just a pain in the a$$ to move and setup and takes up a lot of room when your looking to have a quick practice/jam one of the guys houses (we have drums/amps/guitars/bass's already at 3 locations....and 1 big PA).

other suggestions? brands/models?

• Members

Originally posted by sm5719

it would be strictly for practices(and we already have good mics). looking for something easily moved between places. we have a decent sized pa for playing out, it's just a pain in the a$$ to move and setup and takes up a lot of room when your looking to have a quick practice/jam one of the guys houses (we have drums/amps/guitars/bass's already at 3 locations....and 1 big PA).

other suggestions? brands/models?

Any decent powered speaker would probably do the trick quite well.

• Members

Yea, that is what I am thinking... get a powered speaker... something decent... you could easily get a yorkville NX 55P for that same $700. (or just about), and you could plug a mic right into it and have a great little practice "monitor", AND you would have a nice little box that could serve any number of purposes at your live gigs too, instead of a dumpy little fender "pa" that is not any good for anything else except practicing.

Think versatility.

• Members

Originally posted by Rbts

Yea, that is what I am thinking... get a powered speaker... something decent... you could easily get a yorkville NX 55P for that same $700. (or just about), and you could plug a mic right into it and have a great little practice "monitor", AND you would have a nice little box that could serve any number of purposes at your live gigs too, instead of a dumpy little fender "pa" that is not any good for anything else except practicing.

Think versatility.

yeah, now that i've looked more into it....i'm leaning toward a powered mixer. something with 2 amps (250w to 500w ea.). that way it could be used in a lot of different situations and is small enough to easily take from one place to another (and just leave a pair of stage monitors at each practice location).

any suggestions for powered mixers? was looking at yamaha and mackie's.

Archived