OT Cancelled ebay account

• Members

Had to cancel my ebay account today because yesterday morning I awoke to find someone had listed 73 items for sale on my account. None of which were mine of course since I very rarely ever buy or sell anything on ebay any more. Someone had hacked my account. Everytime ebay removed the auctions they would pop back on there again. Had to alert ebay 3 times about new auctions I didn't place. Finally ebay had to block my account from any activity at all for 24 hours. Man the wife was hot since I had to leave Paypal about a year ago over some shananigans that went on there. So I am done with ebay. Just not safe anymore, especially if your don't stay alert to what may be going on with your account. Anyone else had any trouble with ebay or paypal?

• Members

My account is currently suspended for non payment of items I supposedly purchased - I haven't used the damn account in over a year - what a bunch of BS. I am attempting to get e-bay to close my account permanently, but am kind of getting the run around on what they say I have to do to accomplish this - change my e-mail password?? What a load of crap - I'm not changing anything - they can keep my account suspended till the cows come home for all I care. I will keep hounding them with e-mail to close it until they get tired of me and just do it:)

• Members

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We are a Power Seller on Ebay with a 99.7% positive feedback rating. We sell several hundred thousands of dollars of products a year through Ebay and problems are few and far between.

Yes, you must be careful and attentive, but Ebay is an exceptional market place for a savvy shopper.

• Members

Originally posted by BillESC

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We are a Power Seller on Ebay with a 99.7% positive feedback rating. We sell several hundred thousands of dollars of products a year through Ebay and problems are few and far between.

Yes, you must be careful and attentive, but Ebay is an exceptional market place for a savvy shopper.

I really hope this post didn't come off as a criticism of ebay. Not intended to be that. It's really about all the wacko thiefs out there who ruin everything for the honest folks. I'm sure ebay does the best they can to police there own domain, but a lot of stuff has to by the nature of ebay be caught and straightened out after the fact. If I hadn't caught it I would now owe them $376 in listing fees I didn't make. I would have refused to pay it of course.

I am not a power seller. I have been an ebay member for 7 1/2 years and had a feedback number (all positive) of 40 so it's more to my benefit to just get out of ebay than take a chance of this happening again.

• Members

Originally posted by obgust

I have experienced the same scams on ebay all within the last few weeks. Fraudulent listings and bogus second chance offers. Its a good idea to change your password regularly.

Absolutely :thu:

Also it is highly recommended that your password be alpha-numberic in two sets.

Such as XX##XXX## or ###X##XXX

• Members

My account was hijacked 2 years ago. I was foolish enough to click on one of the scam e-mails from "Ebay" which were new to me at the time. It seemed that I was hawking LCD TVs at a generous discount somewhere in West London.

Needless to say, it was a scary experience but Ebay was very swift in deleting those auctions and informing me ASAP even before I knew what was up. Kudos to them.

That being said, I'm still a user though not as active as before. This is because shipping to me from the States is expensive and of course, there is the ever present local taxman. Heh, now I have the Beatles song in my head.

V.

Archived