• Members

My Peavey RQ2318 has worked for a good many years with no problems, except the last Gig. We were playing right at the last set, I looked over and the L.E.D. lights, all of a sudden quit. I was running mono at the time. The sound was fine, just no lights. When I use the L & R or stereo faders, the led lights work fine. Just not when I use mono. P.S. My board is the early one, where you couldn't use the left and right as a sub group, when you used the mono out. Hope I make sense. Thanks, Denny

• Members
Originally posted by agedhorse

Is there a meter assign switch that may have accidently gotten pushed?

Nope, it was working fine when I looked over to make sure It wasn't clipping, and all of a sudden the lights went out before my eyes.Thanks Denny

• Members
Originally posted by SoundMan

If it's an early one, then that makes sense. The meters are tapped post LR fader, the mono out is pre-LR fader.

I'll check the schematics when I get to work this morning, just to make sure I'm remembering right.

SoundMan

SoundMan do have any Idea what might be the problem.Denny

• Members

I double checked the schematics, and it sounds like it is working properly.

Are you saying the meters used to work, with the LR faders down and the mono up? If it is an older version, as you say, then that's not functionally correct. In the older version, the mono feed was tapped before the LR faders, and the meters were tapped after the LR faders. Therefore, you could run sound out the mono output with the LR faders down and no meter action.

SoundMan

• Members

I double checked the schematics, and it sounds like it is working properly.

Are you saying the meters used to work, with the LR faders down and the mono up? If it is an older version, as you say, then that's not functionally correct. In the older version, the mono feed was tapped before the LR faders, and the meters were tapped after the LR faders. Therefore, you could run sound out the mono output with the LR faders down and no meter action.

SoundMan

I have l to look and see if I can find my receipt to see when I bought it. I know I bought it when they first came out, I just can't remember when? Thanks, P.S. In my manual the block diagram shows the mono tap is before the L & R fader. Meter tap is after the L & R fader. It doesn't show the mono tap to the meter. except if you would raise the L & R fader. Maybe, I have the later model, does it work any differen't? I know that when I ran mono, the meter worked with the L & R faders down. Denny

• Members

If you had the later version, the mono would only put out signal if the LR faders were up, along with the mono master.

Looking at the online manual, I don't think the block diagram ever got updated as it was a running change.

SoundMan

OK that confirms it, I must have the early one because you don't need the L & R faders up to get sound from the mono fader. Thanks Denny

• Members

I designed the RQ2318.

I hope that makes me qualified to answer the question. lol

SoundMan

SoundMam since you designed the RQ2318, is it correct to say that when running mono, you get sound,but no way to gauge your output by the way of the meters? at least that is what is happening when I hook it up mono. Thanks

Archived