That THX noise at the movies.

• Members

That sound (type) is effects that are added to the film to develop the texture and feel. It has no relationship to music playback other than it's noise. A good PA system will handle that just like anything else in that bandwidth. It takes a bit of power and speaker to do so at high levels in a large area though.

• Members

I read a very interesting story on it the other day.

As I remeber it was all synithized, and had a large drgree of randomness to it, .. I think the guys was even useing the current date and time as part of the algoithium, and so if I "re -did" it tomorrow it would sound different then today.

They found one that was really nice, then lost it, and had to pull it off on of the movies for future use.

I will see iif I can find it ....

Kev.

Ps see link below. cool story.

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2005/05/tiny-music-makers-pt-3-thx-sound.html

• Members

Originally posted by Techno_Pagan

Anyone reckon it would be good for PA tuning? I can't find a copy to test it with. But you know the realy intense sound that comes down, they made fun of it on the Simpsons and someones head exploded. It just seems like it would be realy good to tune the PA with.

Doesn't grandpa Simpson scream ''Louder!'' after that person's head explodes? ... :D As cool as it is, I really don't see that THX sound being useful at all to tune a PA. It is useful in making sure the subwoofer in your home theatre is connected however and it's low frequency extension capability. ;) Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services

Archived