Fbq6200

• Members

I also own the FBQ6200, but like Mark, I'm a little more small-time than many others on this forum. I've never had a problem with it, and some of the features are really nice (feedback detection, limiters, sweepable low and high cut filters, etc). If this item were lost or stolen, I would buy another, because there is nothing else in that price range with the same features.

I avoid the b-word whenever possible too; but sometimes in just makes sense in certain applications.

• Members

Oh I am small time, in a big way. I still only have one sub.

My setup is a emx5000-20

2 s115v

2 sm112v

1 p7000s

1 sp118

I need a eq, and saw that one in a MF catalog, looked at its features, and then had the internal battle of, features and price vs. the B word. The features look great, but the store I work at won't carry that brand anymore, because of the amount of problems we had with them. Although I didn't see many eq's come back, I don't think we sold many so who knows.

I am more at ease about it with some good feedback, but still wish I could find another brand with all of those features.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

• Members

You probably won't find many people on here to say "go for the Behringer".

I wouldn't recommend a Ferrari for Grandma to drive to church, nor would I recommend a Yugo to take up racing.

If you think it fits your needs and budget, go for it. I can tell you it has worked well for me.

I can also tell you that if a moped made the most sense for my transportation needs, I'd ride that thing with pride, regardless of what people say! :thu:

• Members

That would probably be my choice if I were absolutely avoiding Behringer. Comparing the 2 though, the FBQ6200 clearly has more features for less money. (45mm faders vs. 20mm, limiters, sweepable low and high pass, pink noise generator, feedback detection)

If one were to A/B these two products, would you really notice a difference in sound quality? I avoid Behringer equipment when I think it will have ill effects on the sound quality. On smaller low budget systems especially though, I don't think you're going to hear a difference. Perhaps someone can correct me on that.

People have shared their horror stories on the reliability of Behringer products. I personally have never had a problem, but if that concerns you, decide which features you really need and pay the extra money for your peace of mind.

Archived