PA setup for sax, acoustic, spoken word, at small gigs

• Members

Well, I'm sick of waiting for a band to come together, so I think I'm going to rely on some tracks in the meantime. What I was thinking about is getting the 1u rack mixer Rolls RM65, an effects processor probably a Lexicon MX200 or maybe a Digitech GNX4, and possibly a JBL EON G2 15". I figure with the mixer and effects processor all being able to fit in a rack, whenever I play at different churches or different events I can already have my reverb, compression, settings preconfigured and I can control it easily, in addition I can always setup my own monitoring situation if needed. With the EON G2 I figure it will be good enough for just a sax, a singer, maybe some percussion, and my tracks through a cd player and of course I will probalby add another when it's needed.

Would there be a better active speaker to go with? Cheaper is always better, but definitely want the best quality I can get.

Please advise.

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Should work ok.

If you need to connect to a house system, a transformer isolated direct box is in order.

Thanks!

Do you guys think that going with a Carvin powered speaker would be better? I could probably pick up 2 of those.

Archived