Our new subs..... rock!

• Members

Hi

As you are a dealer of these speakers and have talked about them for some time on other groups I have to ask why the post?

Although it is possible I have you mixed up with someone else your web site shows you as a dealer.

http://entsyscorp.stores.yahoo.net/soundequipment.html

Why the excitement?

As they have been out for some time and you sell them surely you have heard them before?

Kindest Regards

Dookietwo

• Members

Ok, lets for a minute pretend that your not a dealer, you just bought the subs because you really like them-which I know that you do. I know from past posts that you have a pretty exstensive background in sound so you have used many a sub. Guessing that you would feel comfortable using them for a rock band or DJ playback music in a club with 100-200 peeps, if the venue was doubled or tripled would you still use them, or would they kinda be at their limits and go for a big set of double 18"s?

Im just kinda wondering how far up the venue chain the subs exceed in before you would want to add or upsize them.

• Members

Speaking strictly sub frequencies, I'd have no qualms using a pair of the EX 2.2's in a 500 to 750 seat venue for a rock band.

If I were frequently playing larger venues I'd probably opt for the EX 2.5's but in my market a pair of 2.2's are more than enough for any work that comes my way.

• Members

Looking at the spec sheet do you have to jumper the inputs to do mono? Also is the input pannel set in so the volume knob won't be hit?

I'm going to bring a pair of yorkville ls800p's to this

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/17764/51/

if I can get time off from work. I would like to hear your pair if you can bring a set KV2 being new to the US and all. I may pick up a pair if they come close to the output of the Ls800p's.

How's your price below MAP?

Dookietwo

• Members

Heard them yes. Sold them yes. Owned my own set, no. That's why the excitement.

Thanks,

Bill - ESC

Innovative technical assistance since 1973

Sales - Rentals - Design - Installation

800-582-2421

Assuming the innovative technical assistance was in the field of pro audio then you either get excited easily or have led a sheltered life.

Yours,

Jaded, weary and cynical since god knows when.

p.s. Glad you have found some speakers that you really like and can get enthusiastic about. Having confidence in the sound of your gear boosts musical performance whoever makes it (the music and/or gear). Congratulations.

• Members
Originally posted by Dookietwo

Hi

As you are a dealer of these speakers and have talked about them for some time on other groups I have to ask why the post?

Although it is possible I have you mixed up with someone else your web site shows you as a dealer.

http://entsyscorp.stores.yahoo.net/soundequipment.html

Why the excitement?

As they have been out for some time and you sell them surely you have heard them before?

Kindest Regards

Dookietwo

pwnd!:eek:

• Members

Originally posted by sufidancer

pwnd!
:eek:

Personally, I don't think so. There's a big difference between selling something and using it. It's a lot different to listen to a set of speakers in a demo room with a CD player than to use the same speakers with the rest of your equipment doing a live band. Just like listening to a stereo in Best Buy is a lot different than listening to the same stereo in your living room. Or how playing a guitar amp in the music store is different than using that amp on a loud stage. I know all of these things from experience.

As another example, my uncle owns a large car dealership in Palm Springs. He gets excited when he buys a new car, even though he has dozens of the same model on the lot, which he could drive anytime he wanted. But when he buys a car for himself, he knows it's because it's a nice vehicle that he feels will suit him very well for a long time to come. He has experience with a lot of vehicles, and he knows that when he takes one home, it's because that's the best one for him, and he's happy about that. It's not because it's the flashiest, or the fastest, or the most expensive, it's because it's the one that fits him best. Well, that and the profit margin on a GT makes it a much better idea to sell them than drive them, especially when they were going for close to double the list price. ;)

Makes me wish I owned a Kv2 dealership though...

• Members

Thank you Mr. Adams. Well said.

We maintain a rental inventory of 40+ cabinets and it has changed a lot over the last 30+ years. Most of the major brands have at one time or another been in our inventory, Klipsch, Ramsa, EV, Mackie, QSC, EAW, Sound Tech, JBL, etc. have all been available.

As a current dealer for several of these manufacturers I absolutely endorse certain products for specific applications. That is the mandate of a reseller when he cares more about the job and the customer than the profit margin.

Not one manufacturer makes the perfect speaker for every application plain and simple, each application must be evaluated according to the intended purpose and the correct tool specified.

I'm very impressed with the level of achievement KV2 has reached and will be confident in suggesting the line where ever appropiate.

• Members

Originally posted by BillESC

Speaking strictly sub frequencies, I'd have no qualms using a pair of the EX 2.2's in a 500 to 750 seat venue for a rock band.

If I were frequently playing larger venues I'd probably opt for the EX 2.5's but in my market a pair of 2.2's are more than enough for any work that comes my way.

Thanks for your imput. One more questie for you if you dont mind, a rock band can sound good without heavey bass, (though I like to boost the kick in drum solo's and so do the peeps enjoying the show!) in your opinion, will the 2.2 sub perform well in a heavey bass venue with hip-hop performers?

Most of my usage is with rock bands but I do have a couple of hip-hop acts that like me and I would like to try and do some shows with them.

Thanks, Bob

PS. get those boxes to NY will ya!:D

Archived