Di Box

• Members

Curently i have 2 Behringer DI boxes - 2 channel. They are noisy as hell and after 100 concerts .. they dont work that good anymore. The connectors are p{censored}ed etc.

Im looking into buying 2 or 3 , 2 channel di boxes. I want them to be as noiseless as can be .. budget : 50 eur per piece.

poison

• Members

+1 to the Radial DI suggestion. The JDI is my passive DI of choice and find it to be a noticeable improvement over the whirlwind or rapco DI's in terms of sound quality and noise rejection. I've not tried the EWI's. Then again, for US $150/box vs. $35 you face the quality vs. quatity argument.

• Members

FYI, noise rejection has nothing [in practical terms] to do with the source of a floating balanced output... this function is handled by the input differential amplifier of the mixing console. A transformer just looks like a terminated source line. Any transformer.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

FYI, noise rejection has nothing [in practical terms] to do with the source of a floating balanced output... this function is handled by the input differential amplifier of the mixing console. A transformer just looks like a terminated source line. Any transformer.

OK; Am I using improper terminology then? For instance, when I plug an instrument such as a keyboard into a whirlwind DI box, I get noticeably more static noise compared to when I use a JDI. I can repeat the result with a rapco compared to the JDI. This is what I mean when I say "noise rejection."

Archived