speaker poles

• Members

I'm looking for a good source for speaker poles. I have a yorkville ls800p and u15p. I'm looking to elevate the top cabinet around 2 feet or so. The cup size on both cabinets is 1 3/8". (It almost feels like 1.4" would fit better than 1.375") Any ideas? Thanks

• Members

Personally, I'd use a good stand like an Ultimate TS99B for the U15P instead of a sub pole. They are pretty darn heavy to perch on top of a pole on a sub. If you insist on using a sub pole, you could buy a single 1 3/8" fixed pole and cut it in half with a tubing cutter. That should give you just about the right height.

• Members

I do use U15s poled on LS808s but it's a two man lift.

I think I found mine at www.americanmusical.com. DOn't remember if they came as a pair. I cut them down a little but not in half. I ended up picking up a set of adjustable short poles from some music store. Unfortunately the lower part is 1 & 1/2 and NOT swaged to the 1 & 3/8" needed. But I use the upper poles from those for a 12-14" lift for the low ceiling places.

Boomerweps

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by boomerweps

I cut them down a little but not in half.

If you're into self modification, I do have some 1 3/8" poles on my bargain basement that might be suitable:

http://www.audiopile.net/bargains.asp

Look for: DA-18B-C

If you decide those could be the ticket... ask Liz to include some plastic end caps to finsh them off nicely after taking a hacksaw to them.

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

If you're into self modification, I do have some 1 3/8" poles on my bargain basement that might be suitable:

Look for: DA-18B-C

If you decide those could be the ticket... ask Liz to include some plastic end caps to finsh them off nicely after taking a hacksaw to them.

+1 these are good quality, just got 4 in. The T bar bracket is easilly removed.

• Members

Thanks for the replys. I think I may give Liz a call. I read more on your website and was happy to see "heavy duty steel crossbar".

As long as 2ft (approx. cut in half) while supporting the 110lbs of the u15p seems like an ok option. The ls800p seems to be heavy and wide enough to be a good enough support base.

Archived