Different speakers

• Members

Just wandering I was almost in this predicament this past sat. I thought one of my speakers blew, thank goodness it wasn't, anyway say you put a yamaha pw. speaker on one side of the stage and say a JBL G2 on the other side both have 15 inch speaker and both are pw. 400watts would there be any noticeable problems? Thanks Denny

• Members

Different boxes generally sound different, even when they are from the same manufacturer.

In your above situation where you have 2 boxes, and 1 is on each side, if you had a separate EQ for each, you could use the EQ to help get them closer and EQ each box individually for the room.

In regards to them being powered (I assume that is what you meant in your post), again, one company A's 400 watts probably wouldn't be quite equal to another company B's 400 watts, but that would be far less noticable than the actual sound of the speakers themselves.

Mixing amps is significantly easier than mixing boxes. I don't recommend mixing boxes on the same frequency band, if you can avoid it.

• Members
Originally posted by Square

Different boxes generally sound different, even when they are from the same manufacturer.

In your above situation where you have 2 boxes, and 1 is on each side, if you had a separate EQ for each, you could use the EQ to help get them closer and EQ each box individually for the room.

In regards to them being powered (I assume that is what you meant in your post), again, one company A's 400 watts probably wouldn't be quite equal to another company B's 400 watts, but that would be far less noticable than the actual sound of the speakers themselves.

Mixing amps is significantly easier than mixing boxes. I don't recommend mixing boxes on the same frequency band, if you can avoid it.

Understood Thanks!

• Members
Originally posted by agedhorse

Ifthe choice is no sound on one side versus some mismatched sound on one side I think the answer is pretty obvious;)

That was my thinking, thank goodness it wasn't the speaker that was bad, for some reason I had to bypass the xover I wasn't getting the highs which is an other story in it's self, which is onther question I will bring up later.Thanks

Archived