jbl tr series

• Members

found JBL TR126 speaker on craigslist for $100, hard ot find info on this speaker. but seems like a decent deal, although the 100dB sensitivty seems a bit odd for a speaker in this price range. makes me wonder.8tMi98XSf1jvUbcMc7OOHemPOLO0.jpg

what are your opinions, would it make a good first speaker?

• Members

This is one of JBL's poorer examples of what cheap can become. The reason there's not much info on it is because they didn't sell many (fortunately). They became the MR series then the SoundFactor, then the JRX. And yes, there were SOME improvements along the way.

Don't waste your money on this. At least buy something that's more respected and better quality so you have a good first experience. The Yamaha ClubV series (or used IV's), products by Yorkville, Sonic, Peavey, even JBL JRX's would be a better choice.

• Members

Very shrill, piercing highs. Weak horndriver & crossover design. Great for the beginner, no experience DJs. They'd blow the horn drivers quickly, sometimes the crossover, too. Sold on NAME only. This is the speaker I think of when somebody touts JBL as a brand that's always great. This particular unit was a joke handicapped by accountants. I'd rather have a Behringer B1220 ;>(

boomerweps

• Members

My band has four of these speakers. We were using them for our mains and the horrible sound that came out of them drove me nuts. I finally bought some JBL SRX715's and SRX728. The TR's have now been reduced to practice speakers and for just vocals only. They still don't sound good even on that duty. As others have said up above, don't waste your money. You will not be happy with these at all. Get some yorkville, yamaha clubs, or even as AgedHorse suggested the JRX's are better than these. No self respecting musician or DJ would use the TR's other than for possibly practice speakers.

Archived