Help with Tweeter replacement on yorkville monitor

• Members

Hey guys the compression driver on my yorkville pulse monitor has been crackling alot. (I'm assuming its a broken diaphram) I want alittle help choosing a replacement driver or possibly just the diaphram. I took some pics of the driver and took it to work. I don't have an allen wrench here to take it apart and look at the diaphram (which I've never done before) Would I be able to see a crack/tear in the diaphram? Are diaphrams somewhat universal or will I have to buy a replacement driver?

Also this unit was mounted to a wooden baffle with two bolts, and the tweeter mouth just pressed into the whole on the baffel. So in other words the tweeter do not screew onto the horn, or bolt to the horn itself.

I'll try to post some pics on the next post.

• Members

true! And I am just overall curious about these diaphrams and such...not to mention a new driver may be an upgrade of the existing one...although I was surprized by the magnet's wieght. These are pretty light monitors...which means the 12" driver must have a really small magnet!

(yorkville Y112)

• Members

I was just looking online at partsexpress at replacement compression drivers. I am confused as to a "bolt on driver." If you look at the photo I posted of the driver I pulled from my monitor it has a 2 bolt pattern roughly 3 inches apart. Is this the "typical bolt pattern" like on something like this?"

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-236

They talk about the driver bolting to the horn. The driver I pulled was bolted to a wood baffle that the horn pushed into and over the mouth of the driver

• Members

Here is a link to the Y112 service manual with parts list. You should be able to order the parts you need from any Yorkville dealer. The Performance series is Yorkville's budget line (now being replaced with the better YX line).The Y150 is the only cabinet in that line with a high output (heavy magnet) woofer and large (though not very pleasant sounding) HF driver. Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Servcies

http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/servman/smy112.pdf

Archived