Blue Balls

• Members

Anyone have Blue Balls? You know, this kind?

acc_preview_ball_default.jpg

I'm looking to start a basic PA setup/home recording rig, and I want two mics to mic my amps. I know everyone and their brother uses SM57s or E609s, but I wanted to know if these were any good.

• Members

I haven't seen anybody talk about these lately, but in general people either love them or hate them.

More seem to hate them.

Anyway, it's hard to beat an SM-57 for general "first mic" use. It's not a great mic, but it'll sound pretty decent on just about anything.

• Members

Anyone have Blue Balls? You know, this kind?

acc_preview_ball_default.jpg

I'm looking to start a basic PA setup/home recording rig, and I want two mics to mic my amps. I know everyone and their brother uses SM57s or E609s, but I wanted to know if these were any good.

I don't really knwo the prices, but I am under the impression that they are faily expensive, I would not use them in a live situation.

I would highly consider the AT3035 by audio technica. it is the finest gtr amp mic I have ever used, and its price means you can use it live if you want.

it does have a slightly larger / sider pick up pattern then some mics , so you will not get enough gain before feed back for quite sources but for GTR you should be okay.

Kev.

• Members

It's only $100 from MF right now, so it's half the price of the AT3035 or $50 less if I buy the shock mount for it. I thought condensers were more suited for vocals and acoustic guitars than mic'ing a guitar cabinet, but I have no experience at all with live sound or recording.

Archived