Power Sequencing

• Members

I am looking for some suppliers of a small (12 curcuit) power sequencing systems. I have look at the Furman and Atlas stuff, but it didn't really strick my fancy.

I am partial to the stuff that Lyn-Tec sells that does it's sequencing right at the load center. http://www.lyntec.com/

I am unfamilar with them and don't really have anything to guage their prices with. If anyone knows a couple of other suppliers that do the same thing or even do it better I would love to look at them.

Aged....this seems right your alley. Got any ideas?

• Members

There's also Middle Atlantic. Then there's the industrial control solution using 20 amp octal time delay relays.

If you need an 8 circuit delay controller, I've got one available but stock it's set up for one 20 amp in and 8 relay switched receptacles out in 7 delayed + 1 undelayed zones. It could be modified I suppose. It's 1 rack space tall. E-mail me if interested.

• Members

Well, I have at least ten seperate curcuits that I want to sequence on and off. I have a 24 breaker panel that is completely dedicated to the Sound System. Each of these items will be on their own 20 breaker. I could probably easily double up on some of these, but I didn't see the point since I have the enough curcuits to dedicated each their own.

1. Top Meyer CQ2 Stage Right

2. Middle Meyer CQ2 Stage Left

3. Top Meyer CQ2 Stage Right

4. Middle Meyer CQ2 Stage Left

5. Meyer 600 HP Sub

6. Meyer 600 HP Sub

7. Two Meyer UPA-1P's

8. Monitor Amp Rack (3 Crown 4000 xTi)

9. FOH DSP and Crossover

10. FOH position

Andy....could you enlighten me on the industrial control solution..It may be something a little more familar to my electrician.

• Members

There are programmable timer relays/contactors that can be used to sequence, by feeding the output of one to the trigger input of the next. There can be some interface issues to work through but the concept is simple. The cost is not, however.

For something like this, an industrial PLC with output relay modules would be an ideal solution, and for 10 outputs would be pretty cost competative. Automation Direct is one source.

Archived