mixer case recommendation

• Members

One thing I was missing from my first gig was a travel case for my mixer. I've seen the soft Gator cases and also some ATA cases from island cases , etc on E-bay. ANy recommendations on a mixer case for a MAckie CFX-16 ??

thanks

• Members

I like the hardshelled Gator cases. I picked up one of their G-Mix 2030 sized cases pretty cheap used. Probably too big for the CFX16, G-Mix-L 1822 is the right size from their cross reference list.

I would NOT go the bag route. That's for very small mixers you can easily protect. Not good if the mixer gets stowed with the rest of the PA.

On eBay Island cases/NYCASE/the case store and all the rest are basically the same company out of Holbrook, NY. I have one of their carpeted cases. IF you get a case from them, get the "flight case" upgrade with the better recessed latches and steel ball corners and foamed interiors and spring loaded padded handles. The carpeted interior is next to nothing for padding, I cut up a thin sleeping bag pad and lined it with that. Look carefully at their pricing, especially the higher shipping costs. Once you add that up, the slightly higher priced models at the larger retail stores even out with free shipping.

Boomerweps

• Members

A CFX probably isn't worth a really expensive case, but you can get a direct-fit case for it from Road-Ready that shouldn't break the bank.

RRCFX16 is the model number, see
www.roadreadycases.com

Agreed that bags are only good if you can store the bag and mixer inside another hard case.

agreed...its not the best mixer but for my first one not a bad start...had I've known about this forum about 3 months earlier from when I joined I would have done things a little different...but I'm working my way to upgrades litle by little...still need to protect the mixer though as its the only one I got for now...looking for an A&H down the road a little...

thanks for the link though!!

• CMS Author

agreed...its not the best mixer but for my first one not a bad start...had I've known about this forum about 3 months earlier from when I joined I would have done things a little different...but I'm working my way to upgrades litle by little...still need to protect the mixer though as its the only one I got for now...looking for an A&H down the road a little...

thanks for the link though!!

Oh, I didn't mean anything derogatory regarding the mixer. It's not my cup of tea, but that's just MHO. I meant that while a bag isn't adequate protection for a mixer this size, it's not cost-effective to purchase a $400 Anvil case to house a $400 mixer, so hopefully something "just right" can be found through Road-Ready or other mid-line makers. Just stay away from the "deals" on eBay from such makers as "NY Case Company". Those $40 specials are crap.

• Members

no harm...didn't take it that way anyway....I'm already realizing its limitations and I've only started....but somewhere to start anyway....I saw a RR case for like $149 w/ free shipping..probably go that route for now...

by the way CraigV..are you close to Iceline??

Archived