Look what just showed up on my doorstep!

• Members

My band uses a Yamaha digital board, and we run sound from a laptop via wireless connection.

Sounds awesome.

Which board do you have? I could control my 01V96 via USB, but I would like to get a wireless router to mount in the rack with the LS9 and mix from the laptop. Have you had any issues mixing wirelessly? What router are you using? I wish the Studio Manager software would let you use the User Defined Keys. Another thing I noticed is that SM won't let you use the built in USB player/recorder.

• Members

The one we use is the 01V96V2 owned by one of our 2 guitarists. I'm not sure exactly what wireless system he has for it, but it seems to do a fine job.

The software runs the board from the laptop. The sliders move by themselves when controled from the laptop.

I really do not know the details.

• Members

Oh PLEASE!!!!!! I can't STAND IT!! 1) How does it sound (Overall) 2) How is the interface software (Is it hard to use?) 3) Will it make breakfast? But really, is there any chance we could get a quick review on this mixer?

Also it has a card slot doesn' it, ... are you going to load it up with something??

I think there are a few options.

• Members

Oh PLEASE!!!!!! I can't STAND IT!! 1) How does it sound (Overall) 2) How is the interface software (Is it hard to use?) 3) Will it make breakfast? But really, is there any chance we could get a quick review on this mixer?

Can't really tell you how it sounds since I have only listened through headphones while building my basic scenes. I'll be recording with it on Thursday. Supposedly the mic pres are better than the 01V96 though I have not confirmed that.

The software is similar to the 01V96. If you are familiar with that you will be fine. It is nice to be able to edit the User Defined Keys from SM which wasn't possible before. I still wonder why Yamaha has not enabled us to use the user defined keys within studio manager.

Other than that, I love it because of the recallable preamps, the ability to record the mix via USB key, graphic EQ's, 16 true preamps and mostly because of 16 aux mixes. The 01V96 has RCA inputs for ipod playback and two stereo channels of 1/4" which come in handly but I suppose there is always a tradeoff. 90% of my sound gigs are able to be done on 16 channels or less so with my Behringer ADA8000 I have 24 available. Actually I am running iPod and a DM5 trigger through the Alesis so that eats up 3 of my 8 extras. My plan is to pick up a AD8HR preamp once I get this paid off. It will give me 8 more recallable preamps and then I'll truly be all set.

• Members

Also it has a card slot doesn' it, ... are you going to load it up with something??

I think there are a few options.

Yeah, the 01V96 has built in ADAT ports so I only bought the MY8-AT for it. The LS9 has nothing but an empty slot so I bought the MY16-AT and my MY8 is now for sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120083710569

Couple of things that are a drag about the LS9, the headphone jack is on the front, underneath. If you have it racked up it is almost impossible to get headphones into it. I also wish they would have included some ADAT ports.

Archived