New to this forum but need suggestions...

• Members

My band currently uses a Jam Man loop pedal to run programmed samples along with a Micro Korg.. Were running into stage problems from relying on just monitor mixes... No one around here ever seems to get it right... Were looking for some small in-expensive combo style keyboard amp that has an out for an extension cabinet to run to both sides of the stage..I know a little long winded but any suggestions??

• Members

I am afraid that a small in-expensive keyboard amp is going to be also inadequate for your needs. If you want a stage monitor for the loop station, it will have to keep up with whatever you are using for your guitar amp or existing keyboard amp. Loops are rhythm tracks right, and you want them to kick. That will take a good sized amp. You can check out keyboard amps at any of the online music stores, or better go to a store and check them out. A keyboard amp is maybe a good choice, for a good full range amp for your rhythm loops. Another choice would be a powered PA cabinet. What do you think about that?

• Members

The inexpensive is the tricky part.

I would search the pawn shops for a pair of PA cabinets and a powered mixer. You can get little ones for 100 to 200 bucks.

A pair of the little Roland keyboard amps would work as well. As far as getting signal to both units - that is the easy part but first you have to chose the gear then we can help you interface the signal.

Archived