Yamaha LS9 or M7CL

• Members

They're the same when it comes to audio - same mic inputs, same DSP, etc. Of course different models have different numbers of channels and outputs. The big difference is in user interface. The M7CL is much quicker to use because of the touch screen and additional knobs, but of course it's significantly more expensive.

• Members

The big difference is the user interface. The LS9 is much more menu driven. If you are not going to need to make a lot changes, if this is more of a set it up once kind of gig the LS9 is a good way to save money.

Keep in mind the M7 also has more busses and more card slots.

• Members

Actually, the LS9 has either 16 or 32 analog ins. The M7 is fixed at either 32 or 48 ins. The LS9 can be expanded by using the card slots. If you use external pre amps and come in through digital cards you can still use the cards for additional out puts.

• Members

The M7CL has much more options for i/o. The LS9 is limited to 8 analog and 2 spdif outs unless you use the cardslot, which most use for direct outs.

That's the LS9-16. A more direct comparison would be the LS9-32 with the M7CL-32, which both have 16 omni outs.

One interesting difference between the LS9 and M7CL is that the M7CL matrix mixes are fed from the input channels as well as the mixes. So in effect you've got 24 auxes, 8 of which can be fed from other mix outs.

• Members

Great dialog, folks. I will continue my research before making a decision. I was hoping to come across somebody that has done some A-B'ing or at least had the opportunity to mix with both. This is a Church installation and the operators won't be digging in too deep. All mono and live, - levels, eq., and a little DSP on the fly. Choirs, small band (3 guitars, bass, keys, drums), solos, but no orchestra. We may take some outs to record. I'm seeing the M7CL at about $20K and the LS9 for about half that.

Truck on Keeping,

Drumrdood:cool:

• Members

Great dialog, folks. I will continue my research before making a decision. I was hoping to come across somebody that has done some A-B'ing or at least had the opportunity to mix with both. This is a Church installation and the operators won't be digging in too deep. All mono and live, - levels, eq., and a little DSP on the fly. Choirs, small band (3 guitars, bass, keys, drums), solos, but no orchestra. We may take some outs to record. I'm seeing the M7CL at about $20K and the LS9 for about half that.

Truck on Keeping,

Drumrdood:cool:

I have mixed on the 1D, the PM5D, and the M7. I had the LS9 in my office for a week befor NAMM. The LS9 will do just about everything the M7 will. Sounded the same in my wherehouse through a small PA. I've sold one LS9 and he is totally happy with it.

For your situation, I think it'd be a great console.

The user management features make it great for churches.

Archived