Advanced Channel EQ
    Ample I/O for Expansion and Integration
    One-knob Compression on Mono Channels
    9-band Digital Graphic EQ with Presets & Memory
    FRC (Frequency Response Correction) System
    Automatic Feedback Suppression
    Multi-band "Maximizer"
    Dual Yamaha SPX Effect Processors

Nice board, wonder how much it weighs. I like the extra CD/tape imputs per channel strip.
    I dont want to work, just beat on my drum all day!

Comment

Nice board, wonder how much it weighs. I like the extra CD/tape imputs per channel strip.

only 24 pounds
      I think yamaha has a winner here
      http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D450962%252526CTID%25253D227800,00.h tml

Comment

I'm picking one up this week, I wanted the Mixwiz3 but I don't have enough money to buy a separate power amp[to match with my Mackie C300's] This Yamie will do for now.
        He's Coming,Make Music Be Happy
        The Lord Is My Provider And My Boss, So Don't Even Think You Are The Man
        Too Many Songs To Learn, So little Time!!

Comment

I wish I could say something good about them but my yamaha board has not held up well.

Comment

I only see 8 real channels.
            2 monitor mixes
            "Maximum Output Power @ 0.5 % THD at 1 kHz: 500 W/4 ohms". Calling those amps 500 watts is a bit of a stretch.

For the money, I still say the Carvin C1644P offers a lot more.

Comment

I have the smaller 5014 and like it pretty well.He's right about the power.It does well but that is MAX power at 1k.It has plenty of volume for what I do(classic rock,3pc).As much as I like it,next time I will go passive mixer and active speakers.

Comment

Have to agree with GCDEF on this one.

I'll keep my Carvin 1644P as well.

==============================

Not sure I like the + - buttons on the graphic EQ.

How many monitor mixes are there on that unit?

==============================

Comment

I only see 8 real channels.

I suggest an eye examination.

Comment

I suggest an eye examination.

Likewise. See anything different between channels 8 and 9? How many mic inputs does this "16 input" mixer have?

Comment

"Maximum Output Power @ 0.5 % THD at 1 kHz: 500 W/4 ohms". Calling those amps 500 watts is a bit of a stretch.

And how is this?

The effects processors and comps. by themselves are quite beyond Carvin's offering, and if 8 (mic) channels are suitable for the application then it seems like a pretty reasonable offering to me.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

And how is this?

The effects processors and comps. by themselves are quite beyond Carvin's offering, and if 8 (mic) channels are suitable for the application then it seems like a pretty reasonable offering to me.

I said the Carvin gives more for the money and I'll stand by that. I'll take Carvin's 16 mic channels, 4 monitor mixes, 4 power amps, 4 busses over Yamaha's 12/2/2/1 as being more useful than Yamaha's fancier effects processor. The Carvin has reverb/delay/chorus and flange. We only use reverb and delay anyway and they're perfectly adequate in the Carvin.

Comment

It would cost hundreds of dollars in outboard gear to get that many comps.
                          WINNER of the brake post of the century award 12/02/2008

Spector NS-2B (kramer era korean NS7718)
                          Tube Works MosValve 1500
                          Squire Telecaster
                          Epiphone Valve Junior
                          custom 210 guitar cabinet

Comment

Likewise. See anything different between channels 8 and 9? How many mic inputs does this "16 input" mixer have?

The first 8 channels have a compressor, while the next 4 do not. I see 12 "real" mic channels. Why do you claim there are only 8?

Comment

The last four channels are pared down beyond just the compressors. They also lose the swept mids, input pad, and channel inserts. The first 8 are real nice and the last 4 are equal to really cheap mixers.

The funny thing is the first 8-ch have comps and inserts. The last four have neither. The most common thing placed in inserts is comps. Strange?
                              WINNER of the brake post of the century award 12/02/2008

Spector NS-2B (kramer era korean NS7718)
                              Tube Works MosValve 1500
                              Squire Telecaster
                              Epiphone Valve Junior
                              custom 210 guitar cabinet

Comment

Working...
                              X