Budget: $1,000 for PA System

• Members

What I need:

amp

mixer

2 speakers

I would prefer a powered mixer just to make things easier on me. This is mainly for rehearsal, although an acoustic or small gig may occur as well. What is a top of the line powered mixer in this budget? What would be ideal speakers as well? If a good powered mixer costs $800 and 2 good speakers cost $200 each, that's okay as well. I would just prefer to stay around $1,000.

Channels needed: 1 stereo for keys, 1 acoustic guitar, 2 vox.

Thanks for any help.

• Members

I know my guitarist in my other band three weeks ago just bought 2- PR'15's at ZZounds with factory blemish for 300$ shipped to his door only flaw was the back of cabs was dis-colored a little. But sounded pretty good for the price he paid you might get the PR 12's for better vocals. You might check them out see if there's any left B-stock or Blemished stock. That would still leave 700$ for a power mixer I think Yamaha or Peavey would be the best choice on the powered mixer. Good luck

P.S. Stay the hell away from Behringer, Nady and Kustom. :wave:

• Members

anyone have any experience with a yamaha emx-512sc coupled with a pair of yamaha s115v's?

for exansion potential, what would a good sub go with this system (does the 512 power a sub?)

I have the older version of that powered mixer and those speakers.

They

• Members

I don't think the 512 would be the mixer if you want to expand your system.If you are thinking Yamaha you might look into a MG mixer,S112 speakers,P3500 amp which you can certainly expand on.Peavey has excellant choices in that price range also.

Agree 100% with those recommendations,

although as he described his purpose (rehearsal/maybe small gig), his idea might be fine. If I interpreted correctly, when he said

• Members

What about 2 Powered Peavey PR-12Ps for speakers and a Mackie 1202-VLZ3 Mixer (or similar)? This package with some standard speaker stands would run you around $1100, and I'm sure you could get your salesman to throw in cables free of charge. Anyway, the Peavey speakers are biamped, so they will sound better than standard passive speakers and an amp. Seems like a good system to me.

Good Luck! :thu:

Archived