sorry guys

• Members

les...I think your on the right path now. I thought I knew a lot about live sound...until I chanced upon this great forum...with all the seasoned experts ever willing to advise without expecting anything in return.

I must admit...sometimes I have NO idea what these guys are saying (too deep for me)...but they'll still take the time to elaborate so that a 20+ year old chick like me can understand (though still not 100% always..I'm not that wise, I guess).

So..remain humble always...and learn from these veterans. Whenever I can...I'll contribute by telling of my experience with mostly entry level gears to those who asked about entry level gears. Hey...I'm not an expert on mid to high end gears...so I read whatever these experts say...and learn from that.

Ok Alex?

• Members

Hey Alex, they are right.You picked a good place to start learning about live sound.The stuff you learn here could put you light years ahead of the other musicians in your age group.When your buddies think you are a {censored}ing genius because you know all this {censored},We'll all be proud.:thu:

• Members

No problem Alex... consider this like another class in school and you will find yourself learning all kinds of things (not just about PA) and the more you learn, the more interesting it will become. It will also help your own musical path a lot as that develops.

Welcome [back] ;)

• CMS Author

Just a reminder to everyone; the post I locked (closed) has two problems:

1. Personal attacks. We don't do that. Let's respect one another.

2. Profanity in thread titles. This is a judgement call. I call "hell" in a title profanity.

I'm glad to see we've worked out our differences. Welcome to the forums, Les_Rokr.

• Members

Alex, as has been mentioned: this is a great place to learn...and share your own experiences. Stunningbabe had a good point...be humble...there are folks here that have forgotten more about live sound than I'll ever know. Yet, they willingly share it with all of us...to make our lives easier by learning from their mistakes and miscues.

You can't put a price on a community like this one.

Glad you are here!!

Kim

Archived