Is there A drum machine that's easy to use?

• Members

I have a problem, got a call last week to do several show's on a Wend. problem is our drummer has to be at his day job at 4:00am. Has anyboby found a drum machine that's easy to use, or some other way of getting drum beats that will allow myself and the bass player to do cover tunes? Or am I just going to have to find another drummer to work those off night's.

• Members

In most cases, a drummer will sound much better and more realistic that a drum machine, especially if you are doing cover tunes. Drum machines do require some programming and some are fairly complicated (especially when you're not used to them). If you're in a hurry and your songs are fairly simple, a quality keyboard might have some useable beats/rhythms built-in but neither that or a drum machine will be a perfect substitute for a live drummer. Depends on the types of songs of course... Al

• Members

I have a problem, got a call last week to do several show's on a Wend. problem is our drummer has to be at his day job at 4:00am. Has anyboby found a drum machine that's easy to use, or some other way of getting drum beats that will allow myself and the bass player to do cover tunes? Or am I just going to have to find another drummer to work those off night's.

I find if your using a drum machine (i have) your no longer really a total live act,I dont like listening to a act with a drum machine for very long

• Members

I have used the Alesis SR-16 for years now and have found it to be both very reliable and user friendly. I read over the manual for a couple hours and learned about all I needed to know about this cheap little machine. Check Ebay for a used one, you should be happy with the results.

Archived