Yamaha LS9 Questions

• Members

On the 16 channel version the manual talks about the second layer of channels 17-32. Does this mean you can add a 16 channel expander and get 32 out of this board? If so, what's an example of such a piece of gear that would match well with this mixer. What kind of cable would connect them? Also, it seems like this board is designed to replace all of the outboard hardware etc, yet I didn't see anything about a crossover in the manual. Just wondering about that one.

• Members

On the 16 channel version the manual talks about the second layer of channels 17-32. Does this mean you can add a 16 channel expander and get 32 out of this board? If so, what's an example of such a piece of gear that would match well with this mixer. What kind of cable would connect them? Also, it seems like this board is designed to replace all of the outboard hardware etc, yet I didn't see anything about a crossover in the manual. Just wondering about that one.

Using the filters in the 01V96 yamaha board of mine with type 2 eq I was able to get a basic sub to mid/high crossover points here.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/9554/51/?SQ=385d2bb3ee97e9ad13c5aeaf0c86a5a2

With smaart and enough aux's you may be able to get enough out of the ls to do 3 way or more. I haven't looked at that boards outputs yet.

A basic 2 way can be done with the 01v96.

Dookietwo

Archived