OK, Guys! Love me or Hate me..Peavey 16FX+Crown 402...Got Them!!

• Members

GuitarCenter...Peavey 16FX new in the box: $588.55

Crown XLS402 New in the box:$258.57 to Power my Mackie C300's.

I was looking for the QSC RMX1450 it was not in stock[sold Out]

Reason 1:I needed something right away to play this weekend

Reason 2: I did not have enough money to get the MixWiz3+Amp.

Reason 3: The Yamaha EMX5016 was not available and had to be order @ $950.00

I have 30 days to return them if I'm not satisfied.

Fire!!

• Members

So what's your point? Why invite the criticism? You had a need and filled it with a reasonable solution. Decent gear and a great price on the mixer. The mixer has a few trick features I wish the Mixwiz had.

Let us know how it works for you. If you've used a Mixwiz before I'd be interested in hearing how the Peavey compares, especially in the channel strip EQ section.

• Members

Make sure you have the latest rev of the firmware for the mixer. It is v1.20 (press the digital I/O button and read at the bottom of the page. If not, download it from out webpage and install it. We've added a vocal enhancer to the EFX and have smoothed how the recorder uses the CPU.

• Members

So what's your point? Why invite the criticism? You had a need and filled it with a reasonable solution. Decent gear and a great price on the mixer. The mixer has a few trick features I wish the Mixwiz had.

I was/am excited :D:D

And no matter what you buy, there will be criticism, and I like to hear different opinions.

Thanks,

later on I might buy some active speakers and use the Power amp for monitors, or viceversa.

• Members

Make sure you have the latest rev of the firmware for the mixer. It is v1.20 (press the digital I/O button and read at the bottom of the page. If not, download it from out webpage and install it. We've added a vocal enhancer to the EFX and have smoothed how the recorder uses the CPU.

THanks!!

• Members

Buying new gear is awesome and occasionally very exciting. Does it have that new gear smell? Slowly take your purchases out of the boxes...Hook them up carefully.... and now...Crank it up and yell ''{censored} yeah! This kicks ass!!!''

Anyway... I'll be buying some new stuff myself in a few weeks, hopefully. I think I'll be trading in my passive speakers+amp for some more powered cabs. Congrats on your purchases. I'm sure you'll be happy. Let us know! :thu: Al

• Members

It's rare that you can buy something and have "the man behind the gear"... right there watchin over your shoulder. That's worth an extra 20% or more in my book. Thanks Don! Very cool.

• Members

Buying new gear is awesome and occasionally very exciting. Does it have that new gear smell? Slowly take your purchases out of the boxes...Hook them up carefully.... and now...Crank it up and yell ''{censored} yeah! This kicks ass!!!''

Permission to say: Hallelujah and Oh Yeah! Instead of the "F" word and the "A" word.....:D

• Members

Oops. Sorry. My apologies. French Canadian here.
:wave:
I'd recommend you stay away from Open Jam.
:D
Al

Nah! I can take it! :D you don't have to apologize, I was kidding, but on the other hand no F or A;s from me :D

Anyway, I also bought a rackcase for the mixer and amp, left the boxes @ GC;) Mounted them right there at the store, I can't wait to try them.

Thanks

• Members

Anyway, I also bought a rackcase for the mixer and amp,
left the boxes @ GC
;)
Mounted them right there at the store, I can't wait to try them.

My ONLY problem with your purchase. You need to get those boxes and packaging or you can't return anything, if you so choose. Also needed for mailing in for any warranty work and great to have around if you upgrade & need to ship them for the sale, like via eBay.

boomerweps

• Members

How did you get a new for that low - Sweetwater has 'em for 8 bills:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/16FX/

:confused::eek:

I got People!;)

My Secret?:

I always buy from the same sales guy, I buy for lots of churches in my area and take lots of customers to him.:thu:

• Members

My ONLY problem with your purchase. You need to get those boxes and packaging or you can't return anything, if you so choose. Also needed for mailing in for any warranty work and great to have around if you upgrade & need to ship them for the sale, like via eBay.

boomerweps

YOu are right!

Archived