Wireless IEM Question

• Members

I'm wondering if it using Shure E5's with say a PS200 unit will sound much better than using the E2's or 3's.

Would using a better transmitter and receiver sound better with the E5's? Maybe bumping it up to the PS400?

What are the additional benefits of using the better transmitters and receivers? At most I'm looking at needing a hundred feet of wireless range.

Thanks,

Tony

• Members

I've never had a problem with hiss in my PSM200, had it for 2+ years, and use E-2's and E-4.

Oh yeah? Hum.... I've always heard a hiss. Maybe it's the RF in the building. I don't know. If I was going to spend $500 on IEMs, I think i'd be inclined to get PSM400 for the improved feature set anyway.

• CMS Author

Oh yeah? Hum.... I've always heard a hiss. Maybe it's the RF in the building. I don't know. If I was going to spend $500 on IEMs, I think i'd be inclined to get PSM400 for the improved feature set anyway.

Oh I'm not advising one over the other...if you can afford the -400's by all means get them. I'm only saying I've not had a problem with hiss using the 'stock' and the upgraded ears.

• Moderators

I have E1s, E2s, E4s, and E5s for earbuds, and PSM200 and PSM400 boxes. I actually like the E4s a bit better than the E5s. The E5s don't extend the low end, they extend the high end, and thus sound a bit harsh to me. The E2s are by far the worst of the lot, any of the others will sound better. I do like the way the E5s have a built in loop for your ears.

Terry D.

• Members

I have E1s, E2s, E4s, and E5s for earbuds, and PSM200 and PSM400 boxes. I actually like the E4s a bit better than the E5s. The E5s don't extend the low end, they extend the high end, and thus sound a bit harsh to me. The E2s are by far the worst of the lot, any of the others will sound better. I do like the way the E5s have a built in loop for your ears.

Terry D.

The question is, do you notice any difference between the PSM200 and PSM400?

Archived