Half Jacking

• Members

Hi everyone!

Anyway, yesterday we were setting up a new IEM setup at our church. We're using a Furman system that has a stereo main channel and 4 auxs that can be mixed in by the performers. Anyway, due to board limitations we're forced to grab some of the instruments for the auxes off the channel inserts of the board.

Just to make sure i'm thinking about this correctly, if we wire up some TRS plugs with Tip wired to Ring, we should be able to use this as a send, while returning the signal to the mixer correctly.... sorry if this is kind of hard to follow.

Am i thinking about this correctly?

• Members

Hi everyone!

Anyway, yesterday we were setting up a new IEM setup at our church. We're using a Furman system that has a stereo main channel and 4 auxs that can be mixed in by the performers. Anyway, due to board limitations we're forced to grab some of the instruments for the auxes off the channel inserts of the board.

Just to make sure i'm thinking about this correctly, if we wire up some TRS plugs with Tip wired to Ring, we should be able to use this as a send, while returning the signal to the mixer correctly.... sorry if this is kind of hard to follow.

Am i thinking about this correctly?

Yes. making up mtrs with the TR soldered together and 2 wire cable to a TS plug works great for using an insert as a paralleled off send without interefering with the input channel's signal.

Boomerweps

Archived