The Ultimate Small Mixer

• Members

What would you guys like to see in a small mixer. The discussion over Yamaha's new powered product peaked my interest.

For example the church I attend uses an A&H GL-2200, Behr. Ultra-Curve, ACP88, QSC RMX-850. We have more stuff but I don't think everything needs to be listed.

The ultimate for me in this situation would be all the functions of the Mixer, Coms, and EQ. Add to that effects, gates, crossover, 31-band and parametric on each output. I do not want the power amps built into the mixer.

I'm guessing that would be too much processing load for the entry level price point but a man can dream.

• Members

Currently that put you in the $8K - $20K digital mixer range ... depending on how many of what you need to include.

We currently make some units (FX series Mixers) in the $700 - $1200 range) that have some of these features ... but there is a limited amount that you would expect considering the price differental.

Of course ... you never know what's around the corner;)

• Members

I guess if I wasn't such a tightwad, the PV FX series might be the answer. The PV series comes close, but I think a second monitor mix and sweepable mids for a little extra money would be a real winner.

I think you mixing them up (pun intended).

The PV series PEAVEY mixers have one prefader Aux where the FX series mixers from PEAVEY have TWO. The PV doesn't have swept mids, the FX does.

You really have to go all digital to get what you described you'd like. Yamaha O1V96 something.

Boomerweps

• Members

I think you mixing them up (pun intended).

The PV series PEAVEY mixers have one prefader Aux where the FX series mixers from PEAVEY have TWO. The PV doesn't have swept mids, the FX does.

You really have to go all digital to get what you described you'd like. Yamaha O1V96 something.

Boomerweps

I wasn't mixing them up. Unfortunately, I used PV for Peavey, which probably caused confusion. Why would I have to go digital?

• Members

I think he was referring to me for the digital stuff.

Yeah, that occurred to me AFTER I hit the Submit button. I think the best thing you could add to these mixers would be 2 31 band EQs with FLS, but that would be awfully hard to pack into a really compact package.

Archived