Effects processor

• Members

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for an effects processor for vocals ... reverb etc.. We've been using an Alesis Midiverb 3, but the lead singer, (male), doesn't like it. We use a Mackie Onyx mixer which has no on board effects. Typically we just set up a couple of patches .. one a basic reverb ... the other reverb + chorus.

Tx.

• Members

What don't you like about the Midiverb 3? Maybe there's something that can be improved with the setup. Specifically, do you have the unit panned to the wet only position? When using with a console's return, this must be a wet only, as some return signal points are inverted w/ respect to the send. Generally this causes no problems, but if you are panned with dry signal returning as well, this would be a problem.

• Members

What don't you like about the Midiverb 3? Maybe there's something that can be improved with the setup. Specifically, do you have the unit panned to the wet only position? When using with a console's return, this must be a wet only, as some return signal points are inverted w/ respect to the send. Generally this causes no problems, but if you are panned with dry signal returning as well, this would be a problem.

It's not me that doesn't like it ... it's the singer. I think he just can't same to find a basic reverb patch he likes ... I'm guessing he's used to maybe a warm / spring type.

As far as the Midiverb settings go ... I have the input at ~7, the mix at 10, the output at 10 ... we use a mono input from the mixer aux send and stereo outs to the mixer aux inputs. The patches are basically the factory patches.

• Members

Sounds right to me, A friend of mine was the lead designer of that product, so I've got a pretty good idea of it's performance. Your singer should audition some then, maybe he doesn't know what he wants to hear?

Your friend must be pretty sharp. It's a pretty standard piece of equipment that's been around for years and I thought for stage use it was always pretty good. I never even really messed too much with the presets.

Your probably right ... I should send him to go listen to some units and see if he can find anything he likes.

Archived