im looking for a new mixer

• Members

The Soundcraft LX7II is similar, usually a little cheaper with a few less features. The A&H has a more modular build and the LX7 is pretty much just a couple big PCBs making it harder to have any repairs done.

You can download the manuals from the makers' websites. I did about a year ago.

We just went with the GL2400-24. We got ours for about $1900 including sales tax, semi-local pickup. I think the $2000 advertised price is MAP, Minimum Advertised Price, i.e., the least an Authorised retailer is allowed to list them for and maintain their franchise agreement. Usually you must email them or, more often, call them direct to get the best price.

I saw one for about $1800 Buy It Now price on eBay the other day but it had about $150 shipping ;>( So much for a bargain.

Boomerweps

• Members

We have the GL2400 predecessors, the GL3 (32) and a GL2000 (also 32). We also have a Soundcraft GB8 (48) as our big system FOH console. We will be replacing the GL3 with a GB4 (32) this year.

The feel of the GB8/4 is nicer than the GL2400, but of course it costs more. If you can live with the GL2400 having only 22 actual mono channels and it fits your budget, then I would say it's a good call. It is the best thing available at that price point.

• CMS Author

We have the GL2400 predecessors, the GL3 (32) and a GL2000 (also 32). We also have a Soundcraft GB8 (48) as our big system FOH console. We will be replacing the GL3 with a GB4 (32) this year.

The feel of the GB8/4 is nicer than the GL2400, but of course it costs more. If you can live with the GL2400 having only 22 actual mono channels and it fits your budget, then I would say it's a good call. It is the best thing available at that price point.

The GB-4 line would correspond more closely but is still price substantially higher than the A&H.

Archived