EV SB122 Subwoofer

• Members

I am thinking of purchasing a pair of these and use my sx300's as tops. Mostly solo duo work. Looking for more bottom end for my percussionist and my acoustic guitar.

Anyone use these and have an opinion on them?

I like the idea of staying all EV, and the EV subs are small/light. I don't expect the thump of a larger box with an 18', and as a reference I used a yorkville powered sub (the one with the 10" speaker.) and that was enough extra bass.

I can get these new for $260.00 each.

• Members

I think it is an excellent idea! Although they are most often paired with ZX1 tops, they pair better with the SX300. It is an excellent sounding portable option. The SB122 is very impressive for its size. You can run them all with a single amp -the sub has a built in crossover- though its better to split them up with two amps and an active crossover. That is more for the people who dont want to drag around two amps with them and is a very popular option for those with weak backs. It actually still sounds very good set up with just one amp. I have never personally heard any combo at that size and weight sound better.:thu:

Archived