speaker stands interchangeable??

• Members

I was recently asked to do another gig (just DJ background music nothing special) after my stellar sound:confused: at the talent show. I know I will need speaker stands for this one as I don't want to lug my jrx 125's around so i am opting to just go with my two JBL sf112 monitors. In the future I would Like to upgrade my jrx 125's to the yorkie ef500's. Instead of purchasing stands twice....is there decent crank-up stand that would fit both the JBL's & the Yorkies....are all stands pretty universal??

thanks!!

• Members

Usually the bar that fits into the speaker has the two different sizes on it, one on each end. You just flip it over.

My stands have a little adapter you screw onto the top of stand that changes it from 1 and 3/8" to 1 and 1/2"... most stands can fit both sizes by either flipping the stand or using an adaptor...

• Members

On the larger, and/or more professional speakers, 1-1/2 is still very common. Out of my inventory of approx. 50 speakers that have stand mount cups installed, only 4 are 1-3/8, and those are molded in.

It always pays to double check too, to avoid embarassment of course. ;)

• Members

....is there decent crank-up stand that would fit both the JBL's & the Yorkies....are all stands pretty universal??

thanks!!

While not crank up ..... the Ultamate TS90B stands are fantastic. They have a clutch so you can easily lower cabinets, and raise them with little fear of bad things happening (still need to put a hand on the box/pole while bringing it down).

Nice and light, and fairly compact for a tripod stand

They also have a built in adapter for the 2 sizes of pole mounts, so you don't have to 'add' or remember to pack it with you

• Members

While not crank up ..... the Ultamate TS90B stands are fantastic. They have a clutch so you can easily lower cabinets, and raise them with little fear of bad things happening (still need to put a hand on the box/pole while bringing it down).

Nice and light, and fairly compact for a tripod stand

They also have a built in adapter for the 2 sizes of pole mounts, so you don't have to 'add' or remember to pack it with you

Yes - I have these TS90B stands & love 'em. The little built-in adapter is cool, since it allows the stand to accomodate more than one size, yet it's built-in so you don't have to remember it. They raise and lower very easily, no crank involved. 99 bucks but they have a lifetime warranty - Ultimate does make good on it, at least they did on my keyboard stand a while back & I have no reason to believe they wouldn't on the spkr. stands as well. :thu:

Archived