What should I pay for these subs?

• Members

A kid in my area is looking to sell them and told me to name a fair price. I want to give him an actual fair price. They are the Peavey 118 subs from the early 90s. They're not very powerful ... but in your opinion, what should I offer him?

http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80301012.pdf

For the specs. They're supposedly in really good condition.

• Members

15 year old subs....$100 each.

Yep.

Buying them that old, there is a good chance that the drivers may need to be repaired or replaced.

I paid $200 for a pair of EV subs that ended up needing to have the drivers either replaced or repaired. Water damage inside one of the drivers. The other one was in good shape.

I ordered 2 of Mark's speakers yesterday (audiopile.net).

All together I'll have less than $500 for a pair of decent subs.

I am going to sell the old ones for $100 if I can get it.

EV ??????, I forget the model number.

I will use these with my B52 active 18's and have 4 18's now.

Each driver will recieve 600 watts.

Should be plenty of low-end.

• Members

A kid in my area is looking to sell them and told me to name a fair price. I want to give him an actual fair price. They are the Peavey 118 subs from the early 90s. They're not very powerful ... but in your opinion, what should I offer him?

For the specs. They're supposedly in really good condition.

If it helps you at all Im selling my yamaha subs and they are about 5 years old and im asking $300.00 each so you should like get those for $50.00 for the pair or maybe he will pay you to haul them away(just joking) ??????

• Members

Yep.

Buying them that old, there is a good chance that the drivers may need to be repaired or replaced.

I paid $200 for a pair of EV subs that ended up needing to have the drivers either replaced or repaired. Water damage inside one of the drivers. The other one was in good shape.

I ordered 2 of Mark's speakers yesterday (audiopile.net).

All together I'll have less than $500 for a pair of decent subs.

I am going to sell the old ones for $100 if I can get it.

EV ??????, I forget the model number.

I will use these with my B52 active 18's and have 4 18's now.

Each driver will recieve 600 watts.

Should be plenty of low-end.

Interesting. I have 2 EV 1810 subs that I bought for $100 each last spring. Wonder if they could use soem new drivers.

Other than thinking "hmmm, they don't thump much", how can you test for poor driver performance?

Archived