Ohmage ?

• Members

Heya all. I have a wiring ? for ya all. I am a drummer (please don't hold that against me) and under my drum throne i have a buttkicker transducer 4ohm. Now the butt kicker is the mini version and it strugles to shake my throne sufficient enough so i bought a couple of cheap bass shakers off ebay to tie in with the buttkicker, problem is these shakers are 8 ohm's each, so my question is how can i wire all 3 together to produce a 8 ohm load??? 4ohm+8ohm+8ohm. I only have the one amp which is a home theater sub amp 250 watt.

Many Thanx.....

Jess:thu:

• Members

Wire the two 8 ohm speakers in parallel and then that combo in series with the buttkicker.

I think this exercise will be a waste of your time however. You'll have even less buttkicker than you have now.

Not meaning to be rude but How so??

• Members

I was assuming a single amp channel ... otherwise there would be no reason to tie the speakers to the buttkicker. Just put the BK to one channel and the speakers to the other. Don't tie them all together.

With one channel you'd be dividing the power that went in total to the BK with the other speakers now sharing the power. The BK would only be getting half of the power it got before.

• Members

I was assuming a single amp channel ... otherwise there would be no reason to tie the speakers to the buttkicker. Just put the BK to one channel and the speakers to the other. Don't tie them all together.

With one channel you'd be dividing the power that went in total to the BK with the other speakers now sharing the power. The BK would only be getting half of the power it got before.

:thu: Thanx DB...

Archived