Caig DeoxIT

• Members

Anybody have any long-term experience with this stuff? Over the years, Caig products have always been a safe bet, but I'm leary of spraying down quality slide pots with any solvent.

Would you use this on anything decent, or would it be best to keep it to gear with one foot in the grave?

Link

• Members

It's for use only on the resistive element. It will desolve any lube present on the side surfaces which is where the lube is on a typical slide pot. Therev are exceptions in the higher end consoles, but those are rebuildable faders anyway (with a LOT of care).

A very small amount on the resistive element can by just fine, but spraying into a slider can cause a lot of mess and damage.

• Members

It's for use only on the resistive element. It will desolve any lube present on the side surfaces which is where the lube is on a typical slide pot. Therev are exceptions in the higher end consoles, but those are rebuildable faders anyway (with a LOT of care).

A very small amount on the resistive element can by just fine, but spraying into a slider can cause a lot of mess and damage.

Yeah, that's the way I've always considered to be correct. The Caig recommendations regarding the FaderLube product, however, are a bit more lax:

3. Fader Maintenance

NOTE: Name change in 2006 from CaiLube MCL to DeoxIT

• Members

I have not used faderlube, just a stock silicon based grease when we rebuild a fader. Only on the sliding surfaces, not the sliding contacts where the Caig goes.

Yeah, I was specifically referring to the FaderLube product which Caig says is designed to clean and lube slide pots via direct application into the fader.

I'd definitely avoid using something like regular Deoxit in this manner.

Bumpin' in hopes of finding someone with experience with this product.

Archived