• Members

I know latley I ve been producing a few threads, however; this site is definetey beneficial to beginner, experienced and even the egotistcal! I really enjoy the feeback!

the question isnt exactly directly in relation to this forum but I ask anyways!

Q: Tomorrow I ll be doing some preperation for recording drum tracks, I usually use a lot of tracks! I like a lot of detail for this paticular genre and style of music. But I always find myself turning down/rolling off the same "unneccessary" frequencies paticularly for the high tenors, or hi toms. Depending on the drum set, make, shell size, or skin, I always find the same general "sweet sound" when I put this equalising process in place, but it rarely changes unless im dealing with an extremely radical drum for its nature. It does change with mic placement, some times size of the shell, but generally remains the same, inproper tuning effects it as well. Prepping is such a long process, regardless of the kit either being what i call " difficult drums", or in other words, a drum that sounds like {censored} regardless of whats done, or a good matched proper tone kit, it takes time. After all the above stated, Can you guys share your advice and experiences.. drumkits you have mixed being equalised the same generally? rolling off and finding more attention to the same frequencies on different dumkits? Or is it completley different from one kit to another, one snare drum, to another snare drum by large?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Members

Well if your gonna record drums and have {censored}ty drums and a bad room and cheap mics to work with use Drumagog it's drum software that will give you usable drum tracks. The Drumagog software pretty common practice in a lot of studio's were drummer insist on his drums but doesn't have a clue about tuning them.

• Members

Dunno know about the cymbals but what it does is just like a drum module but doesn't have the electric drums sounds it's actual professional recorded drum samples that replaces your existing drum wave files either by certain section of the drum track the whole section or one or two drum hits. It's great producer's cheater tool. Used to be hush hush but now it's common practice. Just like the so called re-amping boxes.

Archived