Vocals with Acoustic Guitar -- 6th string tuned down to C...

• Members

Need to put together a small pa to play in a few local bars. Some of the bars are long and narrow, some are wide and not as deep. I tune my acoustic guitar down 1 whole step and often drop the 6th string to low C.

I believe this note to be in the low 60 Hz (~62 hz...) range. I need a simple setup in the $2000 range, but I would like to be below that amount.

Please advise!

• Members

http://www.audioeast.com/systems.htm

Any of the first four setups would work for you, but with the first two, you would need to get an outboard mixer of some sort.

Best choice, the fourth one. If you really want to keep it simple and you are just playing guitar and one vocal mic, you could just order two of the NX55P speakers, as they have a pretty nice little mixer on the back, or for more flexibility, get the whole system.

For a simple set up, this would be great. It also puts the bulk of the investment in a nice set of powered speakers, that will find many other uses through the years. I think you would be impressed with the sound quality from them as well.

• Members

Need to put together a small pa to play in a few local bars. Some of the bars are long and narrow, some are wide and not as deep. I tune my acoustic guitar down 1 whole step and often drop the 6th string to low C.

I believe this note to be in the low 60 Hz (~62 hz...) range. I need a simple setup in the $2000 range, but I would like to be below that amount.

Please advise!

Low E fundamental on bass is 41 hz. Anything that supports some bass should be adequate. Remember, most of what you hear on that low string is still going to be overtones.

Archived