MIXWIZ outputs

• Members

got a gig coming up on the 10th after a week of gigs everyday.....

the one on the 10th i will be using the MIXWIZ my boss just bought me (aint she great?)

ive used this mixer countless times in other situations but i am hitting a slight roadblock this time...

the snake i will use sat has TRS returns. my FOH rack is XLR i/o on the main eq, with TRS-M jacks on the mixer end of the foh/rack whip. usually in this scenario i use a TRS-F to XLR-F adapter to go from the eq to the snake.

see, the mixer i usually use with this rack is TRS outs.

so,

i can either make another TRS-F to XLR-F adapter to go from my foh/whip to the mixer and use the one i currently have to go from the eq to the snake, OR

should i try and use the AB out (TRS) on the mixwiz?

the mixer is across town along with the manual. i cant RTFM right now.

i have the parts to make another adapter. or i could simply rejack the whip as XLR-F on that channel.

• Members

i can either make another TRS-F to XLR-F adapter to go from my foh/whip to the mixer and use the one i currently have to go from the eq to the snake, OR

Should i try and use the AB out (TRS) on the mixwiz?

Yes, you could use the AB outputs. Make sure they are set for 'LR' not 'Monitor' output using the recessed mode switch near the master control. Set the AB level control to '0' and use the main faders to control the PA as normal. The AB outputs are impedance balanced so you should not normally have any problem with a long multicore run.

For more info you can download the WZ user guide from www.allen-heath.com.

Regards,

Carey

• Members

Yes, you could use the AB outputs. Make sure they are set for 'LR' not 'Monitor' output using the recessed mode switch near the master control. Set the AB level control to '0' and use the main faders to control the PA as normal. The AB outputs are impedance balanced so you should not normally have any problem with a long multicore run.

For more info you can download the WZ user guide from
www.allen-heath.com

Regards,

Carey

Exactamundo. And give yer boss a high 5 or hug (whatever you feel appropriate) for getting you such a nice compact console.

Jess..:thu:

• Members

thanks for the help guys.

one more question;

impedance balanced says to me its some type of unbalanced connection?

i wonder if my finicky white 4203 eq will have an issue with this? it doesnt like unbalanced connections on either side of it.

thanks again

Archived