Peavey PR10P or Yorkville NX25P

• Members

I had a pair of the PR10P's and had lots of feedback problems with them. Used as stage monitors.

While the speaker do play a part, I'm guessing that's probably a system problem ... including your mics, eq, the number of open mics and the venues you were in. I use them and PR12's for monitors all the time and do not have any problems with feedback.

• Members

While the speaker do play a part, I'm guessing that's probably a system problem ... including your mics, eq, the number of open mics and the venues you were in. I use them and PR12's for monitors all the time and do not have any problems with feedback.

Yes that is probably correct.

• Members

I haven't used the Peavey, but the NX25P works great as a monitor as long as you don't need ear-bleeding SPL. It doesn't have the big bass boost of the NX55P, and in this situation especially that is a good thing. It weighs 5-6 lbs. more than the NX55P because it uses ceramic magnets instead of the neos. Weight is 47-48 lbs.

Another cabinet that you might consider is the 10" two way RCF ART310A. It costs a bit more than the NX25P, but it is smaller, lighter (29 lbs.), and has greater output.

Archived