Shure KSM 27 issue

• Members

I'm having an issue with a Shure KSM 27. I'm pretty sure that it's the phantom power issue that has plagued several batches. I'm pretty sure I can fix it myself, if I could only remove the casing. Does anyone know how to do this. I see a a small allan screw, but removing it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks

• Members

It is covered under warranty. The turnaround time just isn't very quick. But that looks like what I'll probably do.

There were several production runs in the spring of 2006 that have intermittent phantom power. The result is a very static sound from the phantom pwr being very inconsistent.

• Members

It is covered under warranty. The turnaround time just isn't very quick. But that looks like what I'll probably do.

There were several production runs in the spring of 2006 that have intermittent phantom power. The result is a very static sound from the phantom pwr being very inconsistent.

Turn around time for me has been excellent. Granted, I haven't had condensors serviced. If you mail your mic w/the completed repair correspondance form and payment authorization... it is really quick (compared to say, Sony). I've had stuff back in under 1.5 weeks from when I sent the package.

Archived