• Members

someone just stole a whole bunch of stuff from a locked venue here. they knew what they were doing.

they got about 12 microphones and a mixer among other things.

and they took my new-to-me BG6.1 mics - i had three of them.

i'm very pissed.

the cops asked what the value of the BG6.1's are and i did not know, i guessed $160 each. these are not the greatest mics in the world, but are among my favorite unique mics. they did not get my brand new B57A nor my M179's as those are at a different locale.

what is the correct value of the BG's?

• Members

what is a suitable replacement for these? there is a remote possibility i may not be completely out on these, but i likely am.

closest i can see is the senny e604's and the shure beta 56's.

the bg6.1's are discontinued.

this sucks, because it took me a very, very long time to buy these mics. i dont just buy any old mic. i have to listen to them in action many times. i had them about 2 months total before they were stolen today.

• Members

There are 2 new ones on ebay right now and I doubt they'll go for much at all.

One is listed in completed items and sold on Feb 27th for $31 plus $9 shipping. It sucks you were ripped off, but it would seem replacing these will be quite easy and very cheap.

Shure also still makes the cartridges (R195). These go for $40-50.

• Members

they have offered me product replacement or cash. i explained these are no longer available new and the closest mics i can find of similar value are the senny e604's.

however the three pack of e604's is about $325 or so, which i think is a little greater than the value of the BG6.1's.

should i take the 3 pack of e604's or settle for a lower cash value? consider karma here, i dont want to rip anyone off - but i would like three mics like what i had. i'm waving the fourth mic if i get the three pack.

• Members

The BGs were a step below the SM series that were short-lived. The closest thing now available is the PG56. If you can get the E604s, go with it. A much better mic, of course that's sort of insurance fraud and all that.....

• Members

A much better mic, of course that's sort of insurance fraud and all that.....

Not really, if the 604's cost less than the replacement cost of the items stolen. Actually, that approach could save the insurance company money, so everyone wins.

Archived