to agedhorse and tlbonehead re dual 8 inch pa mains

• Members

remember me the guy asking about building the duel 8 pa mains. i read eveything you guys wrote and a few more things. i found some good deals on ebay and got four B&C 8PE21 8" MIDRANGE for about 35$ each and two EMINENCE DELTALITE II 2510 NEO 10" DRIVER for 50$ each. so i built both speakers and heres what i found. the delta cab is so light about 18 pounds. the b&C'S are about 28 pounds.the weight is for the whole box completed still not bad. i know agedhorse said to use 12s but the deal was for tens. i used SELENIUM DH200E-E 1" TITANIUM COMPRESSION DRIVERs on both sets but with different horns and EMINENCE pxb3-5k0 3-WAY CROSSOVER BOARD 500/5,000 Hz on all the cabs. 7ply birch for the wood. here what i learned. the deltalites sound good and go lower but are not as clean and detailed as the 8s. the deltas sound a little better without a sub than the 8s but they still sound good the 8s sound perfect with a sub. they remind me of the b52 matrix. the deltas can't take as much power and seem to run out of steam at 300 watts and dont sound as well at 300watts. the 8s have gone to 500 and still sound good they start to go bad at 550. i just wanted to let you knew that it wasn't just talk i did mean to build the danm things.

go to my myspace page to see the pics.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=101154044[/url]

• Members

If you were to high pass the Eminence 10's at 100Hz, you would find the appearant power handling to increase. There's more to power handling than just power. It's more correctly called power bandwidth when looking around the edges of the response.

Something to consider when judging speaker performance is the polar response. Placing the 8's or 10's next to each other and the horn at one end will improve the lower freq. polar pattern and vertical orientation will put the anomolies in the least ofensive dimension. This is the reason for preference of a "point" source like a single 12 rather than two 8's or 10's.

Glad they worked out ok for you, sure beats burning your work in the fireplace.

Archived