Wireless question...

• Members

If you want to have wireless IEMs but also play an instrument (like have a guitar on wireless too) do you have to use two separate systems, one for receiving the monitor mix and another pack for sending the guitar signal?

i feel like it would be really inconvenient to have two wireless packs strapped to your belt or guitar strap or whatever

There has got to be something out there that can do both.... but I can't find anything like this on any of the usual online music stores

thanks

• Members

Nope, two systems, but you'd usually wear the xmitter on a guitar strap, and the IEM receiver on your belt.

doh :o

i kept trying to see two packs in all the concert dvds i have but i could only see the one on the strap

i guess the monitor pack is hidden by your shirt so thats why i didnt see it

also, i'm going to make one of these and get rich, so nobody take my idea :thu:

• CMS Author

doh
:o

i kept trying to see two packs in all the concert dvds i have but i could only see the one on the strap

i guess the monitor pack is hidden by your shirt so thats why i didnt see it

also, i'm going to make one of these and get rich, so nobody take my idea
:thu:

I'm pretty sure duct tape was already invented:D

• Members

The funniest part is that I had this exact idea about a year ago. We have a functioning prototype that we built as our senior design project. I'll let you all know if we get it to the marketing commercial product level:thu:

Good luck with the EMI stuff... a transmitter and reciever in the same package adds extra challances. Ask ClearCom or Telex about it. Neither of their duplex products work very well.

• Members

I used to play in a band, keys and rhythm guitar. I wore a Sennheiser wireless headset at all times and used the Sennheiser wireless on my guitar strap to switch between songs. It wasn't really a big deal.

Think about those performers playing guitar, using a headset, and wearing in- ear monitors.... 3 packs to keep track of.

I once spoke with Brad.. (forgot his last name at the moment) after a Nightranger concert. He had his wireless in the body of each of his guitars. Pretty cool....

Archived