GL2200 question for Carey

• Members

I own and love my GL2200-32, great console. It is perfect except for one little detail. The 2-track outputs are post-fader post-insert. I run FOH with 31 band graphic EQ in the L/R inserts and the EQ affects the signal to the 2-track. Is there a jumper to make the 2-track pre-fader pre-insert so that EQs in the insert do not affect it?

• Members

That's an idea. The EQ is an Ashly GQX3102 and has 1/4", XLR, and barrier strip. I'll double check the block diagram in the manual when I get home, the Ashly website isn't cooperating. My only concern is loading the signal at the insert point.

• Members

I own and love my GL2200-32, great console. It is perfect except for one little detail. The 2-track outputs are post-fader post-insert. I run FOH with 31 band graphic EQ in the L/R inserts and the EQ affects the signal to the 2-track. Is there a jumper to make the 2-track pre-fader pre-insert so that EQs in the insert do not affect it?

Yes, the sends are post fade/insert, and there is no internal option to change these to pre on this earlier model. Unalaska's suggestion for a recording split off the insert send is a good one. The signal here is unbalanced so no danger of problems with unbalancing, but be careful not to short the signal out as that would affect the house feed too.

Regards,

Carey

Archived