Finally got to crank up the system

• Members

Yesterday, (st. patty's day) my two bands had an outdoor gig. The last gig we did, we were playing out of a pa with 2 jbl jrx 15" and a 200w per side amp. It was enough to get the vocals out if we cranked our mixer up to max...

Yesterday though, I finally got to test out my new PA (2 yam club single15" 2 ev subs and an qsc rmx 2450. We used the old system for monitors). You guys weren't kidding about the subs adding to the sound. This is only the second time we've been able to mic the entire band, and it made such a huge difference. We also put 3 mics on the drums. Just kick snare and floor tom. Obviously I couldn't hear while we were playing, but when another band went on, it was very easy to hear all of the drums as well as the bass. This is also the second time we've ever had monitors. Man, where have those things been all our lives. A huge improvement from our original set up. Thank you everyone for all of the help we all had a load of fun.

Oh, and it didn't smell like smoke after 3 hours of playing, which was also an improvement.

Archived