Peavey Power Amps PV Series 2600

• Members

What do you all think about the Peavey power amps like the 2600 PV Series.

I know its not top of the line so dont start recomending me other brands because i own the best Crown and Crest amps and those are my favorites but just out of curiosity, what about this amp. Anyone own this amp

• Members

What do you all think about the Peavey power amps like the 2600 PV Series.

I know its not top of the line so dont start recomending me other brands because i own the best Crown and Crest amps and those are my favorites but just out of curiosity, what about this amp. Anyone own this amp

The PV2600 is a great amp and will sound the same as your Crests or any other pro audio amp for that matter. The only drawback it has is it's weight. You can get as much power these days without the heft thanks to switching power supplies etc.... If the weight doesn't bother you, they are fine. I think the PV series are a bit cheaper because they don`t have some of the features you would find on the CS series and IIRC they are not as stable under bad power situations (low voltage) as the GPS series. Al

• Members

I have one that I use for sub duty. It's a great (heavy) amp. Seems to be similar in the market slot as the RMX series from QSC. The Crest CPX (don't know if they are still available) series is essentially the same as they PV series...sometimes at a lower price point.

My PV 2600 is a LOT lighter than my original CS800 was :thu:

Kim

Archived